Spring 2024 Higher Education Awards
Application deadline: March 1
- Any Shawnee citizen currently enrolled in a post-secondary education program at the undergraduate, graduate or doctorate level.
- Any Shawnee citizen currently enrolled in a vocational/trade school program.
- Applicant must be attending an accredited school, meeting the standards of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or one of its participating or recognized accrediting organizations.
- Applicant must maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher in order to remain eligible.
Student income, age, location, or dual citizenship status will not be used to determine applicant eligibility. All program assistance will be awarded as funding is available. Incomplete applications are not guaranteed consideration.
Program Scope & Award Details
- Tier 1: Undergraduate Level
Undergraduate students working on an associate degree, or bachelor’s degree will be awarded $150 per credit hour, not to exceed $6,000 annually.
- Tier 2: Graduate Level
Graduate students working on their master’s degree will be awarded $300 per credit hour, not to exceed $11,000 annually.
- Tier 3: Doctorate Level
Doctorate Level students will be awarded $500 per credit hour, not to exceed $18,000 annually.
Vocational/Certification Short-Term Programs
Students in tech or certification programs lasting less than six months will be eligible for up to $1,000 in educational assistance once per program.
Vocational/Certification Mid-Term Programs
Students in tech or certification programs lasting six to twelve months will be eligible for up to $2,000 in educational assistance once per program.
Vocational/Certification Long-Term Programs
Students in tech or certification programs lasting more than twelve months will be eligible for up to $3,000 in educational assistance once per program.
& how to apply
- Completed & signed application, including the Rights & Reponsibilities form and Release of Information form
- Verification of enrollment at an accredited school
- Current school schedule
- Current transcript or GED certificate
- Proof of Shawnee Tribe Citizenship
- Copy of driver’s license, state, or federal Identification
- Additional supporting documents as requested
Applications and required documentation may be submitted via email, mail, or in person at Shawnee Tribe Headquarters.
Please contact the Department of Education via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (918) 542-2441, x133 with questions or to begin the application process.
Spring Award Cycle – March 1, 2024
Fall Award Cycle – September 1, 2024