To Obtain a New Tag
- Tribal Member must register in person at the Tag Office
- Tribal Member must have a valid Oklahoma driver’s license
- Valid vehicle insurance
- Original title (properly signed over/notorized)
- Tribal membership card (not CDIB)
- Lien information (Including Lien entry form or lien release, if applicable)
- Bill of sale/Purchase agreement
- Odometer reading
To Obtain a Renewal
- We are currently experiencing issues with our online portal for tag renewals. While we work to get the portal up and running again, please contact Kim Jumper for assistance. We apologize for any inconvenience this downtime may cause.
- After a 30-day grace period, tag renewals are subject to a late fee of $5 per month.
The tag office has moved to the community building just south of Headquarters.
The Shawnee Tribe offers personalized tags, tags for motor vehicles, motor cycles, RV, and Veterans. A DD214 is required to qualify for a Veteran’s Tag.
(Please arrive no later than 4:00pm for new tags or renewals)
Accepted Forms Of Payment
Cash, check, debit or credit cards
Upon Sale Of Tribally Tagged Vehicle
Upon the sale of the vehicle, the tribal member is responsible for removal of the tribal tag and returning it to the Shawnee Tribe’s Tag Office.
If your address changes, please contact the tag office to report the change. This will assist in avoiding late penalties. A change of address form can be found here.
Replacement Title Fees $25
Personalized Tags $65
Late Fees – a $5 late fee will be imposed for every month a renewal is past due after a 30-day grace period has expired.