Eligibility, Guidelines and Qualifications
- Shawnee Tribe citizens 16 years of age or older.
- Applicant income, location, or dual citizenship status will not be used to determine applicant eligibility.
- All program assistance will be awarded as funding is available.
Through its Workforce Reimbursement Program (WRP), the Shawnee Tribe provides funds to assist with reimbursable expenses incurred in the pursuit of workforce entry or reentry, career changes, and other costs associated with maintaining employment. The Tribe will reimburse a maximum of $500 per eligible citizen per award year. Funds are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Applicants who intend to apply for this benefit are encouraged to contact the Education and Social Services Department ahead of completing their WRP application to verify whether a purchase is reimbursable.
Eligible expenses include, but are not limited to:
- Licensing and testing fees
- Continuing Education fees
- Costs associated with internships or apprenticeships
- Uniforms, scrubs, slip-resistant shoes or work boots, interview clothing
- Other required work-related equipment
Ineligible expenses include, but are not limited to:
- Transportation costs
- Housing expenses
- Cell phones, laptops, and tablets
Purchases & receipts must meet the following guidelines to be considered reimbursable:
- Original, itemized receipts including the purchase date, place of purchase and purchase total must be submitted for all reimbursable expenses.
- WRP Applicants must write or print their name and citizenship enrollment number on the top of each submitted receipt.
- Printed receipts for online purchases are accepted, as long as they meet the requirements above.
- Receipts should not include other, non-reimbursable items; applicants should purchase any non-reimbursable items separately from those they intend to submit for WRP reimbursement.
- Applicants may submit multiple receipts for reimbursable expenses.
- Reimbursable items for only one applicant should be included on each receipt.
- Handwritten receipts will not be accepted.
& how to apply
- Complete application
- Copy of Shawnee Tribe citizenship card
- Verification of employment or job interview (copies of offer letter, pay stub, interview notice or similar documentation
- Original Receipts Demonstrating Qualifying Purchases
- Other documents as requested
As stated above, citizens who intend to apply for this benefit are encouraged to contact the Education and Social Services Department ahead of completing their application to verify whether a purchase is reimbursable through WRP. Please contact Mikah or Joshua at email@example.com or (918) 542-2441, ext. 129 for assistance.
Original receipts must be submitted via mail or delivered in person at Shawnee Tribe Headquarters. Applications and other required documentation may be submitted via email, mail, or in person at Shawnee Tribe Headquarters.