“LET’S LOOK CLOSER” Tonya Tipton is a Shawnee citizen and has been serving as the Tribal Historic Preservation Officer (THPO) in a full-time capacity for the past two years. Tonya joined the tribe’s staff as Enrollment Officer in 2016, but she also helped coordinate the tribe’s responses to the numerous requests for consultation that pour […]
On Wednesday, October 20, 2021, the Shawnee Tribe will move back into Phase 2 of a safe reopening plan. Attached is the updated Tribal Reopening Amidst COVID-19 Safely (TRACS) policy. Tribal leadership and the Emergency Management Officer continue to evaluate the current data and track the COVID-19 case status trends in Ottawa and Texas county.
Shawnee Tribe Phase 2 quick reference:
- Single visitor access to ST facilities is permitted – masks and temperature screenings required
- Additional guidance for fully vaccinated and non-vaccinated employees
- Travel restrictions slightly modified
- Social distancing is essential! Please do not congregate in common areas or individual offices.
- Extend grace to our citizens, elders, each other, and yourself! The pandemic has been challenging for all. Many of Shawnee citizens & staff have suffered sickness, loss, and tragedy during this past year. Please remember to be patient, compassionate, positive, and considerate as we begin to engage in face-to-face interactions once again.
- Extra considerations for high-risk/vulnerable groups: Please be mindful that some of the Shawnee staff and/or their family members fall into the high-risk or vulnerable category, as defined by CDC. We ask that everyone error on the side of caution while working on-site, specifically when interacting with team members falling in this category.