Notice (1/22/24) – We have received an influx of applications from individuals who have already applied and received this benefit. Please note that duplicate applications will not be processed.
- Enrolled citizen of the Shawnee Tribe as of July 17, 2023
- 18 years or older as of July 1, 2024 (Citizens turning 18 are eligible to apply once their eighteenth birthday has passed.)
- Has experienced a negative financial impact or an increase in living expenses due to the COVID-19 pandemic
Applicant income, location, or dual citizenship status will not be used to determine applicant eligibility. All program assistance will be awarded as funding is available.
- This program is funded through the United States Department of Treasury’s American Rescue Plan Act.
- A direct, one-time payment of $1,500 to offset the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic is available to citizens who meet the eligibility requirements.
- The tribe will begin issuing payments at the beginning of the 2023-2024 fiscal year, which begins October 1, 2023.
- The application period ends on Monday, July 1, 2024. Applications postmarked or submitted online after this date will not be processed.
& How to Apply:
The following documents are required to process your COVID-19 Impact Assistance application. Incomplete applications are not guaranteed consideration.
- Completed & signed Application Form
- Verification of Shawnee Tribe citizenship (i.e., photocopy of enrollment card or resolution confirming enrollment)
- Photocopy of state-issued photo ID
Only one application per citizen—online or paper—may be submitted.
A paper application has been mailed to every eligible Shawnee citizen. Complete application packets may be submitted by email to email@example.com or mailed to 29 S Hwy 69A, Miami, OK 74354.
Applications will be processed as they are received. Incomplete applications are not guaranteed consideration.
Before beginning the online application, be sure you have your citizen verification & state-issued photo ID ready to upload. You cannot submit an online application without uploading these documents.